Return And Refund Policy
YoMarketPlace's goal is to provide buyers with a worry-free online buying experience. If you are dissatisfied with the item (s) you received or have any concerns, our simple return and/or refund policy has you covered. By signing up you have agreed to be bound by this Retun and Refund Policy and YoMarketPlace has the right to alter and amend it at any time without prior notice.
1. Application for Returns/Refunds
All YoMarketPlace orders are covered by a standard set of guarantees, also known as Buyer Protection. Buyer protection begins the minute you pay for your order. You will have 14 days from the time you confirm receipt of your order to request a refund. Buyer may ask for the return of the purchased item (s) and/or refund before the expiration of the Buyer Protection Period as specified in the Terms of Service, subject to the terms and conditions in this Return and Refund Policy and the Terms of Service.
YoMarketPlace Buyer Protection is a service offered by YoMarketPlace at the request of the Platform users to help the users resolve specific issues that may occur during a transaction. Users may privately contact one another to settle their disputes, or they may seek appropriate local authorities for assistance in resolving any issue before, during, or after utilizing YoMarketPlace Buyer Protection.
2. Application for the Return of an Item
Buyer may only apply for the refund and/or return of the item in the following circumstances:
- The item was defective and/or damaged on delivery;
- The Buyer has not received the item;
- The item does not match the specification (e.g., wrong size and color);
- The item does not match the description provided by Seller in the listing of the item;
- The item has missing parts and or accessories.
Buyer's application for a return and/or refund must be made through the Platform within three (3) days of receiving the item (s) and no later than fourteen (14) days.
If Buyer initiates legal action against the Seller, Buyer must provide YoMarketPlace with formal notification from the relevant authorities and request YoMarketPlace continue to retain the purchase amount until a formal determination is obtained. YoMarketPlace will assess whether it is appropriate to continue holding such purchase amount at its sole and absolute discretion.
3. Condition for Returning an Item
Before purchasing an item, the Buyer should check whether the Seller accepts returns for the item or not. It will be highlighted on the item details page as the refund guarantee. The Buyer should ensure that the item, including the box, manuals, and any accessories that initially come with the item, is returned to Seller in the condition received by Buyer on delivery to guarantee a hassle-free experience when returning the item to avoid rejection. We recommend that the Buyer snap a photo of the item upon arrival.
4. Liability of Product Return Shipping Fee
I. In the scenario of an unforeseen error from the Seller's end (i.e., damaged, faulty or wrong product delivered to the Buyer), the Seller will bear Buyer's return shipping fee.
II. In the Buyer's change of mind scenario, Buyer shall get Seller's consent prior to the return request, and Buyer will bear the return shipping fee.
III. In the scenario where both Buyer and the Seller are disputing the party liable for the return shipping fee, YoMarketPlace will at its sole discretion, determine the party liable for the return shipping fee.
The Buyer will only be refunded after YoMarketPlace has received the confirmation from the Seller that the Seller has received the returned item. If YoMarketPlace does not hear from Seller within (7) seven days after Buyer's application, YoMarketPlace will be at liberty to refund the applicable sum to the Buyer without further notice to Seller. All refunds are conditional upon our acceptance of a valid return of the Seller's item.
6. Refund of Payment
- All refunds shall be made via the original payment mechanism and the person who made the actual payment, except for Cash on Delivery, where payment may be made via YoWallet or Bank Account provided by the Buyer.
- We offer no guarantee of any nature for the timeliness of the refunds reaching the Buyer's account. The payment processing may take time and is subject to the respective banks and/or payment provider's internal processing timeline.
- The Sellers shall bear all costs associated with the refund process imposed by the processing bank and/or payment provider.
- We reserve the right to modify the mechanism of processing refunds at any time without notice.
7. Communication Between Buyer and Seller
YoMarketPlace encourages users to communicate with one another if an issue develops during a transaction. Because YoMarketPlace is a trading site, the Buyer should contact the Seller directly if there is a problem with the item purchased.
Last updated: 30/08/2021